jumphigherguide.com recommends Adam Folker's Vert Shock System to help you jump higher. Add 15 inches to your vertical jump now. Buy with confidence with their 90 day Money Back Guarantee!
‘Sticks and stones may break my bones, but squats will make me bad ass.’
Squats are quite effective for giving you the desired legs, buttocks and thighs. If you want shapely thighs and legs, it is about time that you should complete the squat challenge that entails doing 100 in a day. Hold that thought! Have you tried jump squats? These have the power to get your heart rate up and is beneficial in a number of ways.
Here’s a quick post that talks about the benefits of jump squats. Let’s get started!
What are jump squats?
Stand in front of a mirror (full-length) and bend your knees like you would do in a usual squat. The spine should be upright. No slouching or bad posture for this workout!
The thighs should be parallel and the squat position is quite similar to a sitting down posture. After getting in the squat position, lift your body up in the air like you are jumping. The hands should be above your head while doing this move.
Land back to the ground in the starting squat position. Repeat this 15 times and then take a 20 seconds break. After the 20 seconds break, do 15 more and then rest. You can do 4-5 reps of jump squats in a day. Start slow and do 2-3 reps. Once you are used to doing jump squats, you will be able to do 4-5 reps easily. You can level up the jump squat by adding dumbbells to the workout.
Things to Note
Once you start incorporating jump squats to your schedule, you will feel pain in your thighs and buttocks. This is normal! If you are not used to exercising, your body takes time to get accustomed to the new workout.
If your buttocks and thighs hurt, do not stop doing the workout. It will take time, but the results will tell you that the workout is WORTH IT!
What are the benefits of jump squats? Let’s find out!
- Losing extra weight and inches – Losing inches and weight are two different things. When you start working out, you will notice that the inches melt away but the weight remains constant. By incorporating jump squats to your workout routine, you will lose weight and inches. These help in burning calories. With just 30 jump squats, you can burn about 100 calories. This is super effective in helping you lose weight!
- Helps you to move quickly – The intensity is higher as compared to the regular squats. When you start doing jump squats, it will make you move quickly! Many athletes in the football, track, tennis or rugby field include the jump squats in their daily practice routine.
- Good for younger kids – When the child is young, include jump squats in their exercise routine. It helps in developing their running/sprinting abilities. As per research, jump squats are beneficial for all those people who want to make a career as an athlete/runner.
- Makes your buttocks aesthetically pleasing – Getting a round bubble buttock has become a trend! Women are incorporating jump squats to their routine because they want a round and appealing buttock. Women idealize the stars they see in magazines and movies. Kim Kardashian has set the bar high and women want to look appealing like her. Once you start doing jump squats, the shape of the buttock will improve.
- Work those thighs – The inner thigh may store a lot of fat. In order to give them a good workout, add jump squats to the routine. This will make your thighs shapely and good-looking! The fat stored in your inner thighs will start melting. Always remember that spot reduction is not possible but you are adding jumps to this workout. This will get your heart rate up.
- Improves flexibility – If you have a job that requires you to sit and stand regularly, add jump squats to the routine. This will get you accustomed to the work and you will get lesser injuries while working out.
Level Up the Jump Squat
How about doing variations? As the world is progressing, new techniques have been added to the list. Once you master the stationary jump squat, use a stable stool or a box. Do the regular squat position and jump up on top of the box.
It should not be more than 5-6 inches tall. This will add variation to your squat routine and you will get a toned body within few weeks.
Before you start jumping and getting fit, it is best to speak to your doctor. If you have any medical condition related to the leg, avoid doing jump squats. Anybody with a health condition related to ankles, thighs, knees, back or legs can skip this routine.
These people should indulge in low-impact exercises. Jump squat can be hard on your knees or back. Speak to the doctor before you start doing it. It is best to be safe from accidents!
Isn’t it amazing how jumping can give you the body that you desired? Once a person starts exercising, it acts like an addictive drug.
Make sure you warm up before doing jump squats. Warm up includes brisk walking, spot jogging or basic stretches. If you do not do warm ups, there will be high chances of getting injuries. Wear proper sports shoes for this workout.
Jump squats can be highly beneficial! Start doing it but use the right technique. Also, you should never overdo it. Your body has a way of telling you to stop! If you feel tired or your body starts hurting, take a break.
There is always a tomorrow and a break is much needed. Do not level up the jump squat till you feel sure. Add weights or jump up on a stable box only when you feel 100% confident.
Take it slow and we are sure that you will reach your body goals. Being patient can help! In a nutshell, jump squats are helpful in a number of ways. Add it to your workout routine and play some fun music to keep you going.